A brief presentation
Welcome to my personal website.
My name is David Rozas Domingo. I am a free software enthusiast, and I am currently getting specialized in the development of web applications using Drupal as a framework. I have recently joined the CRESS (Centre for Research in Social Simulation) team at the University of Surrey (Guildford, UK).
Some of my areas of interest are distributed systems programming, CSCW, collaborative learning or socially intelligent information systems.
If you want to contact me, you can send me an e-mail to email@example.com
Some of the projects I have been involved are:
- QLectives: it is a project bringing together top social modelers, peer-to-peer engineers and physicists to design and deploy next generation self-organising socially intelligent information systems.
- Informe Espaņa: it is a digital platform whose main objective consists of promoting a serious dialogue between all social actors enabling communication and understanding amongst them, and creating common grounds for social consensus.
- Wisdem: it is a global network in which people affected by dementia, families, caregivers and professionals can share their experiences, methods and practice with others around the world, drawing together individual efforts to improve the good of the whole.
- Cvirtual.org: it is a website oriented towards psychosocial care for the elderly and uses new technologies and 2.0 Tools to foster user interaction between families, caregivers, health professionals and elderly people.
- Wikisaber.es: it is an educational portal for teachers, students and parents based on collaborative learning.
- Neteduca.pt: it is the Portuguese version of Wikisaber based on Drupal.
- ASTRA: it is a project that researches awareness systems and services that are used for social purposes.
- gTurnos: it is a block for Moodle (a free software LMS), which manages the delivery of turns, considering the necessities of teachers and students.
- Alternativa 3: it is a cooperative society that since 1992 has lived and worked for Fair Trade.
- I took a Foundational Computer Science Course in JEE platform at Infosys' Global Education Centre (Mysore, India) in 2010.
- I got a Computer Engineering degree (5 years) at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid, Spain) in 2009.
- I was exchange student at Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet (Trondheim, Norway) during the course 2007-2008.
- I got a Technical Engineering in Computer Systems degree (3 years) in 2007 at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid, Spain).